Serving job! [General]

2009 May 16
Hey everyone!

I am currently working at Bleeker Stereo & TV as a receptionist on the weekends. But, as school is now over, I am bored and needing some more money.

I live near Parkdale/Wellington and I do not have a car - so I would be busing or walking to work!

I am unfortunately not bilingual but I do have the experience to make up for it. I have over 5 years of serving experience and a few more years of hostessing experience before that!

If you know of any place that is hiring please let me know. I have dropped my resume off at quite a few places, but I didn't think it would hurt to ask my fellow foodies.

I am willing to work as many/as little hours as needed. Part-time or full-time :)

Thank you in advance!

2009 May 16
The Bagel Shop is always looking for people which of course is not really a serving job, but it sure is a great place to work. My brother in law used to work there and by all accounts, Vince treats his employees extremely well.

2009 May 16
Thank you! I will for sure drop off a resume there :)

2009 May 16
In your area, John's and Caffe Ventuno/Nicastro's are hiring as well, only about a 10 minute walk from the area you've stated you live.

2009 May 16
John's seems to be closed in the afternoons. Or was it just closed the two days I walk by?

Nicastro's? I didn't know there was one in the area!

2009 May 16
John's is only open for breakfast and lunch most days. Open for supper on Friday and that may be about it.

2009 May 16
I'd also check out Agave on Wellington, because I know that they don't have a tonne of service staff--they're fairly small, but always busy busy.

2009 May 16
I've already hired my seasonal help and when the summer is over I will have one too many permanent staff
sorry! but I will network around
You'd be a str8 shot to the Parliament Pub and Darcy's

2009 May 16
Thank you for all the suggestions! I will be sure to get back to you if I find a job :) And, treat you to a beer!

2009 May 18
The Newport had a server for hire sign in its window the last time I walked by it (which was admittedly awhile back) it'd probably be kickaZZ as it's high turnover weekend breakfasters

there's also Whisper's where you'll be patio sailing anyways if you follow my other rec

2009 May 19
GT, I've heard from my partner's cousin who works at Whispers that the management is pretty bad. On the other hand, it means that I could go visit Proulx for a pint!

2009 May 20
Personal info being what it is, maybe this cousin has a chip on her shoulder, some of the same staff are there from over ten years ago, so it can't be all that bad.

For what it's worth (which is little I know)I've known three people that worked there over the years and even the two who got fired have never talked down about the place.

2009 May 21
Thanks for all your help friends! I will let you know if the prospects turn into something good! :)

2009 May 23
Ok, so not a serving job, but The Manx is presently hiring cooks. ottawa.en.craigslist.ca

Thought I would pass it on for anyone wanting some summer work.

2009 May 26
I was at the Oak on Wellington last night and they have a help wanted sign up.

2009 May 26
same for the oak on echo (pretoria bridge) but that's kinda far afield
you'd have to transfer to the bus#5
but on the upshot, I'd live nearby and be in for a pint or 3 at least once a week

2009 May 28
Nicastro's in our area is called Il Negozio.

2009 May 28
snoopy loopy is that the restaurant, or the store part as well? i've always heard/seen it called nicastro's on the storefront side...

2009 May 28
Il Negozio Nicastro is the store part (negozio is store in Italian..and, in this case, a great one).
The restaurant is Caffe Ventuno (ventuno is 21 or "I could eat here every night" in Italian). :)

Good luck with your job search Proulx.

2009 May 28
grazie, AMR!

2009 May 29
Just got in... AMR answered before I could =)

2009 Jun 11
I had an interview yesterday at Lieutenant's Pump on Elgin which went very well. I just wanted to say thanks for all your help. I am continuing to hand out resumes as much as possible. But thanks again for all your suggestions and keeping your eyes open for me :)

2009 Jun 11
Best of luck, do let us know if you get that position. I will make certain I visit in such a case.

2009 Jun 11
Proulx - Good luck with "the Pump"... we had a nice lunch there awhile back and enjoyed both the food & the service (which reminds me, I should write a Review).