Byward Market "hours of operation" [General]

2009 May 7
I'll be heading down to the market today to pick up some fiddleheads (*drools with dignified delight*), and I had a quick question for you wonderful folks: what time are the outdoor vendors typically open until? I have to be out there around 7:00 this evening, and it would be fantastic to avoid having to make two trips if at all possible.

Thanks!
Sebastian

2009 May 7
They are definitely long gone by then. I think most start closing up around four thirty, and are all packed up by five pm. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this has always been my experience.

Oh, and since I just found out someone was shot and killed there last night, I doubt they will be open today...

2009 May 7
Thanks for the information and heads up, Kiwiw!

2009 May 7
My experience is that you have a chance if you can get there by/at 5:30, after that it is hit and miss. Perhaps when there is more vendors and produce to sell latecomers will have a bit better chance.

2009 May 7
vorpal The stalls are technically open until 6:00 but as Tracinho mentioned they often start packing up early. There is a fruit and veggie store there (Fresh Fruit Company I think?) but they also close at 6:00.

2009 May 7
does Parkdale market have fiddleheads now? (hate driving into the market and finding parking)

2009 May 7
I haven't checked but more than half their stalls are open now. I'd guess they must have. I can let you know tomorrow for sure.

2009 May 7
I'm going there first thing tomorrow to find out for myself!

2009 May 7
Golden Turtle or zymurgist, if you could let us know, that would be great!

2009 May 8
Yes, there are Fiddleheads at Parkdale, you'll likely pay a bit less at Produce Depot I imagine (got three of those what 1/2 pint? small styrofoam containers for $10 just now)