T and T supermarket [General]

2009 Apr 25
Is is true T&T supermarket is finally going to be open this Summer 2009? I read in the newspaper it will be in Nov 2009 but on Wikipedia it states Summer 2009.

Either way, T&T supermarket will be opening this year, right? :-)

2009 Apr 25
Mad Scientist Food - Afraid just another unsubstantiated rumour I'd say. I did some GOOGLING and indeed that is what is on the Wikipedia site, but there is no reference to where they get that info... and the T&T Supermarket site Press Releases have no mention of any Opening Date (let alone Summer 2009).
www.tnt-supermarket.com

This is a long anticipated grocery store... LOL

Postings here on Ottawa Foodies go back to the beginning of 2008 see
www.ottawafoodies.com and www.ottawafoodies.com

I was by the Hunt Club & Riverside location about a week ago, there is definitely construction underway, and it appears more urgently than in previous months (although part of that may have been winter). As always it looks like a case of "who knows".

2009 May 2
Construction is a good sign of something is soon going to happen LOL

November 2009 was the date Ottawa Citizen stated in their article due to Chinatown stores are worry they would lose business once T&T supermarket opens.

Hopefully, November 2009 then *sigh* Patience is a virtue with this supermarket.

2009 May 2
My mother in Toronto saw an article in one of the chinese newspapers there and it said T&T might be done by 2009 nov... their prices arent the best in Toronto, but they r so clean compared to the supermarkets here...

2009 May 6
T&T is indeed opening a new store in Ottawa in October of 2009. It's the first one in Ottawa and its going to be awesome. They're bakery is fantastic and a total shopping experience.

It's a really great shopping environment and a vast improvement to China towns!

Yummy!

2009 May 6
If that's the case, I look forward to their opening. Love the options and prices.

Did a quick Google search and couldn't find anything about the investigation against them a few years back. Allegations of mistreatment of foreign workers (wages less than min standard and taking employee's passports). Ahyhow, not trying to spread rumours or say this is their current practice, but I do recall reading about it a few years ago.