Ottawa Farmers' Market (Lansdowne) 2009 [General]

2009 Apr 23
The Ottawa Farmer's Market OPENS for the 2009 Season on Sunday, May 10, 2009. According to their Website www.ottawafarmersmarket.ca

The Market will run Sundays (8 AM to 3 PM) from Opening Day May 10th to November 22nd.

The Thursday Market, will begin June 18th (1 to 6 PM) and run thru to October 8th.

A Saturday Market will be added in the Fall (8 AM to 3 PM) for November 7th, 14th and 21st.

As always there will be a good assortment of fruits, vegetables, meats, and other food items, along with arts & crafts.

Additionally there is this Mandate...

The promise of the Ottawa Farmers' Market is that all goods sold by the vendors who participate are produced by those vendors. This ensures that the customer wanting to buy locally is able to and is purchasing the freshest meat and produce available while supporting local producers.

Also according to the Market's Website there will be some big changes in 2009.

Most notably, it will relocate to a larger space at Lansdowne. The Market will now be in Parking Lot #4, in the area between the North side of the Aberdeen Pavillion, the East side of the Horticultural Building, and Holmwood Avenue.

EVENTS

The Website has not posted as of yet the 2009 Events Schedule but it does mention the following:

OPENING DAY - May 10, 2009
The Monalea Petting Zoo will be there on opening day to welcome you all back to the Ottawa Farmers' Market!

THROUGHOUT THE SEASON
Wagon rides will be available through the Glebe and surrounding areas. Enjoy a ride through the area during your visit. If you live in the area catch a ride to the market or home with your shopping bags.

2009 Apr 24
I can't wait. :) I will be there are the beginning of the first day, though I am unfortunately busy in the late sunday mornings.

2009 Apr 24
cool, i have been here for two years and havent been to this yet, i'll hopefully check it out this year