Best Moroccan Food [General]

2007 Feb 9
Anyone have any thoughts on where to find good Moroccan food? I have to admit, the food doesn't have to be traditional (as I wouldn't know the differenece) but it does have to be good. I remember there was a Moroccan place in the market, where Haveli's is now, that I used to like. They had this menu item called The Royal Feast, which was 4 or 5 courses, and quite tasty. It was my introduction to Bistilla (sp), as I'd never (at the time) had any exposure to chicken pastries... The main course was a lamb shank served on a boiling hot iron plate. I've since learned to make a decent Bistilla, which has earned me some compliments (albeit mostly from non-foodie friends/family).

2007 Feb 9
The only Moroccan place I've been to was Kasbah Village on Laurier. It was quite good: we were a fairly large group so we let our server (who I believe was also the owner) pick our dishes for us. Now, this was a couple of years ago, but it was really good.

2007 Feb 9
La Gazzelle in Hull is the best in the region, hands down. My Moroccan coworker took me there with a group of friends and had an amazing meal.