cheap meat [General]

2009 Apr 5
how about keeping this thread alive when you see sales in your local grocery store or in the flyers?

I heard there was 99c/lb pork at Farm Boy this week but I missed it!

2009 Apr 5
Omnivore's Ottawa (Ron Eade's blog) is a great resource for deals:
communities.canada.com

Use RSS and subscribe to get the weekly Ottawa Supermarket Specials!

2009 Apr 5
Damn, now I have to start doing the RSS thing :-)

2009 Apr 5
I do my best each week to highlight the week's best supermarket specials in my blog (Omnivore's Ottawa) on Thursday. Problem is, most supermarket ads appear in the Citizen on Thursday, which is what I display at www.RonEade.com
The adverts that I can publish on my blog on Thursday must appear in the newspaper on Thursday. Sadly, that excludes Farm Boy because they appear the next day, and I am bound to not disclose their confidence before it appears in the paper.
Bottom line: I have asked, repeatedly, to Farm Boy to include their specials. And they have always declined.
So, as attractive as Farm Boy specials may be, I cannot include them with the other major supermarkets because that would betray their confidence.
That means I must remain with the majors.
Kind regards, Ron

2009 Apr 5
Ron - It's Farm Boy's loss - your site is a great resource for the deals! (especially on prime cuts & pork ribs)

2009 Apr 5
OK, I have a reader in my google account, which is always open for my email. So I'm going to try to get into the habit of using it. Fortunately all of the major people I want to keep up to date on have RSS feeds, so this should actually simplify my life a bit.

Maybe Farmboy has an RSS feed I can add :-)

2009 Apr 5
just bookmark:

farmboy.ca

and go to every Friday morning

2009 Apr 5
farm boy also has that email distro list with the weekly specials, recipes, etc

i think a fellow ottawa foodie even had her recipe published in one awhile back

2009 Apr 5
BTW, I would LOVE to include Farm Boy in my weekly list of supermarket specials, because they have excellent product. It is not my fault they do not agree to participate.
Kind regards, Ron

2009 Apr 5
Produce Depot also has a weekly email distro list. I still prefer the RSS way of doing things, this way I can just get the information sans email.