Crappy Knife Set for Food, anyone? [General]

2009 Mar 29
I know, I know, it is awfully tempting! Everyone wants a crappy set of knives! I warned about them here :

ottawafoodies.com

Since then I've only opened one of the knives - the bread knife. And it is too thick to slice bread. In general, these knives are too thick. And being knockoff fake German knives, not really all that great. But if you happen to be dying of morbid curiosity, or just want the briefcase it comes in (which actually isn't that bad), then maybe you'll want them.

Honestly, if I can't get an offer of food, I'll just give them away to anyone who wants them. But what I'd really like to exchange them for is some of your best leftovers! Just a gladware container - 700ml or whatever size they are. The round ones or the square ones.

Anyone have someone they don't like and are looking for a gift for them?

Quick little vid of them here :

2009 Mar 29
I hate nothing more than cooking with crappy knives.

2009 Mar 29
I'll pass on the knives, but the case could be useful. I'll check the video out and get back to you.

2009 Mar 29
Hey, I like crappy knives! :) But all I have to trade is some left-over cabbage-roll casserole...not even fancy enough to trade for crappy knives...le sigh...:)

2009 Mar 29
Cabbage roll casserole is one of my favorites! And I'd sooner give the set to someone who will use them. But perhaps if you don't need the case, chimi can have it?

So, as long as it's not tooooo leftover, I think we may have a deal!

2009 Mar 29
I checked it out - I'll pass on the case, so it's all yours Karey! I just checked my leftovers - some chili, pozole rojo, and tonight's southern style baked/fried chicken!

2009 Mar 30
Sorry Zymurgist, as I messaged, my fiancé got into the leftovers. Hope you can find another trade!

2009 Mar 30
Just let me know when you have more leftovers of something - I can wait :-)

2009 Mar 31
How about Easter dinner? No way I can beat you on the fancy home-brined turkey (I use the PC Normandy-basted birds, yummy, cheap, and takes little to no space in my crap-ass apartment) but I make a damned good sausage stuffing and twice-baked potato. Mom's recipes, and DELISH!

2009 Apr 1
Deal!

2009 Apr 1
Karey - Bet you could have held out for just Easter Dinner Leftovers... I believe you had him at the words "Sausage Stuffing" (oh ya, wait... my mistake... everyone knows there are never any stuffing leftovers).

;-)