Looking for curry flavoured sausage [General]

2009 Mar 27
Used to be able to buy some at the specialty food store located in Bayshore. Since it closed down, haven't been able to find another source. Could make it myself.......but it's too much work, unless I wanted to make 100 kg of the stuff.

2009 Mar 27
Try Simpson's Meat Market
3700 Downpatrick Road
Gloucester, ON K1V 8Y9, Canada
(613) 526-1601

2009 Mar 27
Depends what you are looking for exactly. Muslim beef sausage has a special kind of spicing to it which is sort of curry / piquant. It's a very particular flavour and if you like it, you can get them cheaply at any of the many muslim butchers in town.

2009 Mar 28
You might have a look for some (Dutch) Frikadellen (aka Frikandel in the singular I think), a skinless deep-fried sausage; I've read that they are curry-flavoured though the only ones I have tried (from St. Jacob's, though I bought them in Winchester) weren't very curry flavoured (so I served them with some curried ketchup with onions, a dish called Frikandel Speciaal). Curry seems like an obvious flavouring for sausages, making me wonder why there is no popular curried sausage on the market. Please keep us posted if you find them.

2009 Mar 28
Thanks Foodntravel. You were spot on. They also make sausages to order, so if you like Boerewor Sausages, they can make them up for you also.

Thanks to the other responders also, will check those leads at a later time.