Rasputin's Folk Cafe on Bronson Ave. [General]

2007 Feb 4
I pass this place every single day on my way to school and I've been curious if it's any good for about 4 years now. restaurantthing.com has NOTHING. Anyone ever been there?

2007 Feb 4
I've been there a few times already when my partner's mom's art group was displaying there, www.fivewomen.ca, and have seen a few musicians perform. It's a tiny cozy little place which feels as if you're in someone's basement...nothing matching sorta thing. There is always one man and a woman who run it (owners??)...they have a little menu to order off of and it definitely is made to order, hot stuff anyway. When someone is playing, they usually have a little table in the back on the left with yummy desserts and appie type foodstuffs, very homey,....not sure if they make the desserts themselves or not but I've had the chocolate cake, mmmmmm! But now that I think about it, the appie things might have been brought by some of the artists or musicians....that's how low key and homey it is! I'm also not too sure if they are open during the day, might just be at night when someone is playing.

2007 Feb 6
I have been there twice on Wednesday nights when they have open mike night (my niece sings and plays guitiar). It's a very quirky little place.

It is definitely like being in some university students mis-matched, salvation army decorated living room. It is also very tiny. Basically, all the musicians who are there to perform, take up all the chairs so there is no room for actual paying customers to sit (unless you get there really early like we did!)

The owners are really nice and it seems that everyone who goes there are regulars. They work on the honour system. You just go up to the fridge and take a beer and then tell them at the end how many you had.
We did order food both times and it was very tasty and freshly made. We tried the veggie and chicken burgers and the chips and salsa.......

If you go on a Wed (which is really great music actually), get there EARLY!!!