Food Network Videos + 50 Blogs [General]

2009 Feb 19
I had not one, but two awesome online food discoveries this morning!

1) The Food Network is now offerring full episodes of many of its shows online (including Iron Chef), which is you don't have digital cable, is huge news (I'm an Iron Chef addict!)

2) A really wonderful article from the Times, on the art of food blogging, with their choice for 50 best food blogs. Just what I needed: more links of Google Reader. www.timesonline.co.uk
I'll add this to the wiki!

Enjoy!

2009 Feb 19
Now I'm gonna spend all night on the Net! Too bad no Top Chef episodes on TFN site, I was so hooked on that show.

2009 Feb 19
Speaking of Food Network Show....
This may be off topic, but I wanted to know the opinion of people about the "Next Food Network Star" show when the army guy dropped out because of "contraversy". Apparently he left the army, but used it as a gimmick on the show. I have yet to see the winner appear on her own show.

2009 Feb 19
PanBagnat, if you Google "anchorfree", you can get a free American IP address, and then go to Hulu.com where a lot of Top Chef episodes are catalogued!

2009 Feb 19
for someone who's seen one or two episodes of the Iron Chef, any recommendations on where to begin?

2009 Feb 19
The lobster one ...

Yumm yumm yumm

2009 Feb 19
Can u recommend one w/out lobsters, CC? Or, at least, one without cute lobsters?

2009 Feb 19
... or the one where the Asian Chefs beat the crap out of some hoitie-toitie French Chef.

The judges are sooooo cruel to the French guy and take the p!ss out of him so bad that it makes a bloody UFC (Ultimate Fighter) episode look whimpy.

So much for international diplomacy. I wonder if there was any back-lash in France ?

2009 Feb 19
ok, then, i'll start with that one! many thanks, Cap'n!

2009 Feb 20
Second what LWB mentioned: Hotspot Shield has totally saved Christmas for me. Love that program.

2009 Feb 20
Wow Thanks for the tip Lady who Brunches! I have been dying to see what happens.

2009 Feb 20
No worries: One of my profs introduced it to me...as far as Iron Chef America is concerned, the lentil one might be my favourite: lentil ice cream, anyone?

2009 Feb 20
Lentil Ice-Cream ??

Anyone notice how trendy it is these days to make ice-creams of almost any flavour.

In the last year or so I saw ... Bacon, Curry and Coconut, Pandan Dark Chocolate, Mexican Ancho & Chipotle Chillies with Ceylon Cinnamon and Dark Chocolate, Lobster and ... Wattleseed & Roasted Macadamia Nut Ice Creams.

And I thought that ice cream makers were one of those gizmos that sat in one's dream kitchen cupboards.

Guess not.

2009 Feb 20
Iron Chef America is an abomination. The original Japanese version is where it's at! Hiroyuki Sakai = God. CC I believe he made an octopus ink ice cream, among many other interesting variations, long before it was trendy.

Here's an excel spreadsheet with all episodes showing theme ingredient + chefs

nylon.net

itchy feet - if you check the list there are some great episodes with veg theme ingredients like bamboo shoots, lotus root, etc.

how they haven't put these on DVD is beyond me. excellent show.

2009 Feb 21
Monty, many thanks. Excellent find!

Here's hoping the Japanese episodes are subliminal ad-free... :)