Arson torches 2 Ottawa restaurants [General]

2009 Feb 7
So as you may have heard, one of the suspected arson related fires torched down Ariana's Kabobs and Rockin' Johnny's Diner (along with a cycle shop, pawn shop and sex toy shop) in a west-end strip mall. Just thought I'd post it here as an FYI - Ariana's and RJ's Diner are definitely closed for business!

Now where the hell am I supposed to get my naan bread & kabobs?!? :(

2009 Feb 8
Chimichimi - Hard to believe they are gone... I was just by there last weekend.
:-(

2009 Feb 8
Betcha the sex toy shop burned really really quickly with lots of black smoke from all that latex.

And to think of all the 'dolls' that perished. Oh boy.

(My pic should pass the board of approval because it DOSEN'T show any orfices, thank goodness.)

On a more foodie related note ... Rockn' Johnnies ... no big loss, but Ariana's Kebobs will be truly missed.

If anyone see Ariana's reopen please inform us here at Ottawa Foodies.

2009 Feb 8
Very tasteful, CC. ;-)

Does anyone know if Rainbow Foods was affected by the fire? I haven't had a chance to swing by the scene of the crime yet.

2009 Feb 8
Word at work was that Rainbow seems to be OK but they weren't 100% sure.

2009 Feb 8
Rainbow foods and all of the other businesses in that end of the strip mall were unaffected by the fire and are still open for business!

2009 Feb 11
We drove by yesterday... very sad. It indeed looks like everything at the other end of the mall is business as usual (for the most part)... would assume there is some smoke damage.