Paderno Winter Clearance [Events]

2009 Feb 5
Hi All,

I know that this topic has come up occasionally... so seeing as I received a brochure with my Ottawa Citizen, I thought I'd pass along the info.

The Winter Clearance Sale runs February 4th thru 8th
With up to 80% Off

Distributors for Ottawa & Surrounding Burbs Include:

Kanata - Trudel Home Hardware - 329 March Road
(613) 592-8678

Ottawa - Glebe Emporium - 724 Bank Street (at First Avenue) (613) 233-3474
Ottawa - Jordash Co. Ltd. - 663 Industrial Avenue (613) 733-0555
Ottawa - Splendid Things - Lincoln Fields Shopping Centre (613) 596-0900
Ottawa - Trudel Home Hardware - 140 George Street (613) 233-5601

For more info on Paderno see www.paderno.com or call 1-800-A-NEW-POT

2009 Feb 10
Got a Paderno pan for Xmas one year.

Great pan till the welds on the handle gave out due to heat/physical stress.

They would not honor the 25 year warranty because they said the pan was 'worn out'. From their warranty dislaimer: "This warranty does not cover problems arising from misuse, alteration, normal wear or improper care, nor does it cover cookware used for non-food purposes."

Since then, I only buy pots/pans that have a riveted on handle. Even if they get loose they can be re-tightened (on an anvil).

Since I liked the Paderno until it failed, I thought I would check out their 24cm pans.

Here is the correspondence between me and the Paderno customer service:

------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 1:32 PM
To: chandler@padinox.ca
Subject: Riveted handle fry pan

Do you make a 25 or 30 cm fry pan that has a riveted handle and does not have a non-stick coating ?

Thank-you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We have this size frying pan that has welded handles without a non-stick coating, but none that have rivets. I have included a link to the frying pan link…

www.paderno.com
www.paderno.com

Hope this is some help.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Looks like a no go. I like to use pans that are NOT coated with non-stick. I find I get a better flavour from the deglazing.

Yes ... on non stick has it's function, like melting raclette cheese, but for general use, I prefer the traditional pan.

2009 Feb 10
I don't like non-stick either. Get a good cast iron pan, Captain.

FYI I'm pretty sure the Paderno pans with the rivets are all made overseas. At least all the ones I checked were.

My parents had a handle come off a pot about 15 years ago and it was quickly replaced no questions asked. I also had a fry pan replaced no questions asked because it had warped a bit. They've had their Paderno for a good 20 years now with only the 1 issue. And they have a lot of it. I have mine now since 1994 (you do the math) with only the 1 issue. Though I do admit I sometimes am frightened to think about the handles coming off when it's full of hot liquid.

2009 Feb 10
Zy ... Got a cast iron ... just love it.

(www.ottawafoodies.com)

Need Stainless Steel for all the 'Al Panna dishes I make.

My handle fell off in stages. No danger.

2009 Feb 11
Have you guys seen the 'new' non-stick pans at The Bay? They don't use teflon, but instead use some sort of ceramic non stick coating, that, if my my memory serves me correctly was good to 1000 degrees! (I googled, and I think this www.green-pan.com is the product) I agree, I look for rivetted fry pans as well.. as I've had them break before.