Sausage Stuffers [General]

2009 Jan 26
Hi all,

Looking for some advice on making sausages at home.
I purchased the Kitchen Aid grinder and stuffer attachment this past weekend and make about 40 Brats....they turned out very well, but I wasn't impressed with the Kitchen Aid attachments at all.

Was wondering who carries sausage making equipment in Ottawa?
Looking to buy a 5lb. vertical cylinder stuffer and maybe a hand crank metal grinder...as opposed to the plastic KA stuff!!

Any tips would be most helpful
Cheers

2009 Jan 26
Yeah, a lot of the Kitchen Aid attachments I find 2nd rate at best - and we have them all including the stuffer.

Preston Hardware has a good selection of stuff if I'm not mistaken.

2009 Jan 26
I contacted Preston h/w and the cheapest stuffer they have is a 3kg manual for $299. I might try Princess Auto.
Thanks for the reply.
Cheers.

2010 Apr 10
I finally got out to Preston Hardware to have a look, and they have a few nice models but they start at $300, and the bottom end one looks to be very similar to the sort I can get online for half that price. I'm all for spending more to buy from a local vendor, but I'm not sure if I'm prepared to spend that much more. $200, sure. $225 maybe. $300, I'm getting it shipped to Ogdensburg. But I'll have a look around at some of the other places in town first though.

2010 Nov 14
The Lem 5 lb vertical stuffer is on sale now at TSC stores. I just picked one up in Kemptville. Regular $148 - on sale for $119.

I'd been saving up my google ads money for some time now intending to get either a stuffer, or a better coffee roaster. Decision now made :-)

Better call ahead because they only had 1 more on the shelf in Kemptville.