Menus from Restaurant International [Events]

2009 Jan 24
I'm new to this site, so I hope I won't mess this up.

My GF is in the culinary program at Algonquin and she has to create a menu for her class. Her menu will be on Friday, April 17th after 5:30pm. I thought I could put it out there if anyone is interested. $27.99 for a 4 course meal. Drinks, taxes and tips not included. Call Algonquin to make a reservation.
---------------------------
1st course
Chicken Salad Puffs with sesame sauce drizzle
OR
Greek Saganaki served with Tomato and lemon wedges

2nd course
Chicken Consomme with julienne of carrot, celery and leek covered with crispy crouton
OR
Broccoli and Rapini CHeese Soup served with an asiago crisp
OR
Lightly grilled grapefruit and orange salad with a mango puree dressing

3rd course
Jumo Shrimp stuffed with a mixture of vermicelli, bean sprouts, green onion tossed in a white wine fish sauce served with Mushroom Pilaf and a vegetable mix of glazed carrots, grilled yellow zucchini and green beans
OR
Duck Leg Confit with cranberry gastrique served with a mush of parsnips and potatoes and a vegetable mix of glazed carrots, grilled yellow zucchini and green beans
OR
Apple-Honey glazed Roast Pork Tenderloin served with roasted fingerling potatoes and a vegetable mix of glazed carrots, grilled yellow zucchini and green beans
OR
Portabella Fajitas stuffed with a spicy mixture of black beans & rice, feta cheese, a thick tomato sauce, diced bell peppers and caramelized slice of onions served with sour cream

4th course
Cheesecake with marzipan flowers and fruit, drenched in peach coulis
OR
Mousse au Chocolate served with seasonal fruit
------------------------------

A friend of mine is also in the same program, but has his classes on Tuesdays. He also works at Atalier with another student. I hope I won't get in trouble with Marc for doing this.

This is his menu for Tuesday, Jan. 27. I will be attending with my GF.

Course 1
Golden Beet Carpaccio (alder-smoked trout, potato, bacon, horseradish creme fraiche, micro greens)
OR
Bay scallop croquettes (daikon, bacon, sesame, tamarind sambal sauce, red pepper salsa, lotus chips, opal basil)

Course 2
Honeydew melon consomme (seared scallop, maple loganberry "pearls", basil oil, enoki mushrooms, jalapeno chillies, bonito, lemon balm)
OR
Thai pumpkin soup (jicama chips, apple, lemongrass, cilantro madras curry, coconut milk)
OR
Caprese salad

Course 3
Pan-fried Pickeral fillet (saffron buere blanc, umeboshi, brandied cherries, sumac, flowering kale) with Israeli Couscous and celeric puree
OR
Buttermilk Poached Pheasant Breast (apple cider and blackberry gastrique, goat cheese pudding, braised chestnuts, tatsoi, nasturtium, licorice foam) with butternut squash-strewn quinoa
OR
Slow roasted prime rib (teryaki marinade, togarashi, gingered mushrooms, wasabi butter sphere) with roasted potatoes (chives, garlic)
OR
Fettucine with porcini cream sauce (truffle oil and parmesan maltodextrin, arugula, sun-dried tomato, peas, basil)

*all dishes served with Pearl onions, carrot batonettes, Savoy Cabbage

Course 4
Lavender lemon Gelee (bruled Peach, raspberry sorbet, lemon balm meringue, candied ginger and pink peppercorn praline powder, orange blossom sauce)
OR
Chocolate ganache torte (pecan crust, mixed berries, chocolate tuile, hotlips coulis caramel sauce)

Bread- Chinese steamed buns (light honey glaze / Dutch crunch loaf
--------------------------

If anyone chooses to go, I hope you have a great time!