Recession cuisine [General]

2009 Jan 22
I am seriously interested in Foodies who have superlative recipes for what I call recession cuisine. That is, use the ingredients you have to best advantage, little waste, really good and nutritious food. And stupidly delicious. Remember, frugal does NOT mean cheap -- it means getting value from the products you buy.
I'm preparing a series of food articles for the Citizen, and appreciate your thoughtful input. BTW, Omnivore's Ottawa blog is more easily accessible now at RonEade.com (I know, it's a shameless plug, but it's also a way we can communicate.)
Kind regards ... Ron

Jun 9
Thai Green Curry.

1 onion chopped, 6 cloves of garlic smashed, 1/4 cup soy suace, 1tbps Sugar, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped, 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut cream, 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 water, 2tbsp green curry paste.

1. Combine onion, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, pepper, 1/4 cup water and 1tbps spoon of green curry paste in Instant Pot
2. Stir in chicken. Seal and set poot to cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
3. When time is up, manually release pressure, then remove the chicken.
4. Change cooker to high saute setting and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, 12-15 minutes
5. Stir in coconut cream and remaining curry paste. Add chicken back in.
6. Serve over rice.