LCBO Classes - worth taking? [General]

2008 Dec 23
I'm tempted to take some at the Nepean location for a little "me" time.

My knowledge of wine is limited and I'd like to change that. The classes seem to be aimed towards people like me who have an idea of what they like in wine but want to know more.

Has anyone taken the classes offered by the LCBO? What did you think of it?

2008 Dec 27
My knowledge of wine is limited as well and I took a tutored tasting class (single 2 hr class) at LCBO on Rideau. It was a lot of fun, learned a lot and the teacher was actually someone who taught at a somelier program, he was great and you could tell he knew his stuff and was very friendly in sharing his passion for the field.

I would recommend trying out one of those tutored tasting classes (single class) on a topic you are curious about and if you really like the teaching style go for those 4 class/month ":discover wine apprecation" series

Cheers!

2009 Jan 5
I've only ever heard good things about the LCBO classes (tutored wine tastings, cooking, etc). They evidently also offer an advanced course on wine and alcohol that is available by correspondence / internet... but I know very little about it. Unfortunately...

2009 Jan 10
Sounds like I'm somewhat of the guinea pig here, then. ;)
I start next month I'll let you know what I think of the classes. I think I'm going to really enjoy them since at this point I know so little.