Food and Wine in Whistler [General]

2008 Dec 21
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let everyone know about a new food and wine tour in Whistler BC. It is called Whistler Tasting Tours. We take groups of people to five different restaurants in one night to sample food and BC wines at each.

There are two different food and wine tours offered by Whistler Tasting Tours. One tour consists of The Fairmont Mallard Lounge, Bearfoot Bistro, Hy's Steakhouse, Kypriaki Norte and the Firerock lounge.

The second tour consists of The Fairmont Mallard Lounge, Elements, Apres, Quattro and Mountain Club.

The tour runs from apres until dinner and is definitely enough food for dinner. It is a fabulous evening of flavor and fun. If anyone is coming our way and wants to know more go to www.whistlertastingtours.com

Cheers,

Whistler Tasting Tours

2008 Dec 21
Not Ottawa-related in any way but it is Canadian. Spam or not spam? I'll leave it up for now, but I'm interested to hear people's opinions. :-)

2008 Dec 21
Fresh Foodie - Doesn't really bother me too much, as you said, it is both Canadian content & food related. Heck, I personally love to travel, and food & wine is an important part of that experience for me, so having this info for reference will be a good thing... as it stands a lot of these places are on my "must visit" list for the next time I'm out that way. Especially the Bearfoot Bistro, I've heard so many cool things about it's wine collection, presentation (champagne sabering) etc.

2008 Dec 22
I name it spam. Not because they are advertising for something so far away, but simply because they were not polite enough to create a real profile like Sweet Tooth did and instead do a 'hit and run' anonymous post (ok, not entirely anonymous, but New User 1458.. the name does not inspire confidence). They should create a real profile for themselves, then they can participate like the rest of us.

2008 Dec 23
Hey,

Sorry, I'm new to the forum thing so I didn't really realize how to create my profile (formerly New User 1458). We get a lot of food lovers from the Ottawa area out here in Whistler and thought that Whistler Tasting Tours was worth a mention. We truly do provide a memorable dining experience in Whistler. The team has worked hard with Whistler chefs (including Melissa Craig, Voted Canada's best chef in 2008) to create fantastic food and wine pairings. We are proud to showcase BC wines as there are some good ones out here and nine fantastic restaurants in Whistler.

A note for "Fresh Foodie". Everyone on the Whistler Tasting Tours Apres-disiac tour will go to the Bearfoot Bistro, go down into the infamous wine cellar, learn the history of Champagne sabering and then one of our guests get the chance to take a sword and chop the top off the bubbly.

Definitely check out Whistler Tasting Tours when you come to town. I guarantee you'll have a memorable dining experience.

Is there anything like this in Ottawa I might be able to try during my next visit?

2008 Dec 23
Okay I'm cool with that. :)

2008 Dec 23
Cool move Indulge! Thanks for um.. indulging me ;-)

2009 Jan 5
Indulge - You might want to check out one of Ottawa's newest offerings on your next visit... Atelier is doing some unusual things in comparison to the rest of the restaurant industry. Check them out at Atelier or by doing a SEARCH to find the various Forum Topics that discuss them.