What will you be doing on Grey Cup Sunday? [General]

2008 Nov 19
Since I am the only one in my family/circle of friends that actually watches Canadian football I will be watching the game at home. (Hockey shmockey! The football season only lasts 5 months of the year!) Dinner will be pizza and beer of course! What will everyone else be eating on game day?

Go Alouettes!

2008 Nov 20
Usually I go over to my mom and dad's and we have a Grey Cup party where we eat finger food while watching the game. Usually we have cocktail shrimp and sauce, smoked oysters and crackers, lox with capers, cream cheese and bagels. Since I've moved 1200kms away from them, I'll be heading to a friend's house to watch the game. Might get some raw oysters- they've had them on special at Loblaws.

I agree- Go Alouetttes!

2008 Nov 20
Grey Cup? Did they paint the Stanley Cup or something?

2008 Nov 20
Rah Rah Sis Boom Ba
For the Alouettes we will Cheer
Rah Rah Sis Boom Ba
Gonna enjoy the day with Friends, Chili & Beer

Anotherwords...

The Friends will be Dear
The Chili will be from Scratch
Ice Cold Beau's will be the Beer
And the Alouettes will win the Match

Zym - I know what ya mean, Canadian Football isn't hockey, but when it comes to trophys we should be thankful there never was Canadian Governor General named Lord Protective.

;-)

2008 Nov 20
Pan Bagnat Raw oysters? Yum! When I was growing up in Montreal we used to have family Grey Cup parties chez Mom and Dad with similar finger foods that your parents serve. It was the 1970's when the Edmonton Eskimos were our biggest rivals and Sonny Wade was our star quarterback. Mom used to pull out the smoked oysters, cocktail shrimp, and other assorted finger foods and we all rallied around our beloved Als to win the Grey Cup. In the late 70's the Alouettes went through a losing spell, a move to the Olympic Stadium (watch out for falling concrete!), and subsequently lost alot of fans. Except for me - I stuck with them all these years and I still love CFL football to this day. Okay okay I "know" this is a foodie forum but I love football and I "did" throw in some smoked oysters with my trip down memory lane -:)

zymurgist LOL!

2008 Nov 20
Pasta Lover - Although I am not a big football fan, it just never was my thing, I'm a Hockey Girl thru and thru... I still hear ya.

The year was 1981, the 69th Grey Cup was played at the Big-O and it was Edmonton vs Ottawa (Edmonton won that year 26 to 23). It was a great game, and a fantastic week for football and partying in Montreal. I was so captivated by all the excitement (geez, I thought we crazy Easterners knew how to party... then I met CFL Fans from the West, they are "certifiable"), I've been hosting Grey Cup Parties ever since. "The Man" loves the fact that I have all his guy friends over and I cook up a storm. I still get caught up in all the cheering (and yelling at the tv) this and SuperBowl gives me my fix until Hockey Playoffs... when I get my turn to go sports crazy for nights on end (not just one night... I like my way much better). LOL

2008 Nov 21
Grey Cup ? Moi ?

More of the same ... EATIN' and DRINKIN' !!!

Probably slummin'-it in some Blue Collar Bar like Puzzles or The Carleton Tavern.

Eatin' Natcho's or Pizza or something else with a rubbery cheese product melted on top.

Monday morning isn't gonna be pretty.