Province mulls bottled water ban [General]

2008 Nov 7
Complete ban on sales of it.

www.ottawasun.com

Kudos to them for talking about it at least! Though I doubt it will ever happen

2008 Nov 7
Is it a slight form of classism? The article says they are only going to ban plastic water bottles, not glass, so it would seem the drinkers of Perrier and San Pelligrino are safe, but the drinkers of more generic bottled water are out of luck. Further, no details on sizing, as there is a big difference between banning 300ml bottles, and banning the 5 gallon bottles that many people use for their water supply 'at the cottage'.

2008 Nov 7
Good point Pete-In-Ottawa - as there are times when people in small communities use the large bottles for safe drinking water in their homes when there are well problems or power outages and no alternatives.

2008 Nov 7
There doesn't seem to be much info out there on this thing. I would not dismay as of yet because part of what we're seeing may be just poor reporting because there never seems to be any shortage of that. From the bit sand pieces of info I've seen, though, the plan does not seem to be very well thought-out. But again, hard to tell if that's poor reporting or not.

2008 Nov 7
What, poor reporting in North American media? Never! :)

2008 Nov 7
Sometimes it's so bad it's painful.

Like a few weeks ago I saw reports that Harper announced a "6 point plan" to help the economy. Well, wouldn't you think that the obvious thing to do would be to also publish what those 6 points were? I actually had to go to 4 or 5 sources before I found out what they were!

2008 Nov 7
Boycott the media! Draw your own conclusions! Make stuff up! What's the diff? :)

2008 Nov 7
mmmfood - LOL is this a comment on poor reporting, or Stephen Harper's Government (or Government in general). Too funny.

2008 Nov 7
F & T: Yes. :)

ps. How did you get my handle to come up bold like that? Is it automatic?

2008 Nov 7
mmmfood - Really nothing complicated (or automatic) about it, I just use the BOLD feature for this Website... double-asterisk ** before the word(s) and then again double-asterisk after. For other cool tricks <--- Italics, check out the HELP link at the top of any OF Page...

In Section 9 under FAQ you'll find info on how to incorporate Bold, Italics and User-Food-Vendor links into your posts.

I just like the look of Bold whenever I am referring to a OF Member or a Vendor in particular.

2008 Nov 8
Thanks Food & Think

*grin*