Anniversary Reservations [General]

2008 Nov 4
I know that many comments have been posted on all three restaurants, but never head-to-head (to my knowledge). I need to make a last minute reservation for 2 on Friday or Saturday... yes, I know this might limit my choices.

Which of Wellington Gastropub, Fraser Cafe, or Murray St would you recommend for a pregnant wife? I.e. which has the best desserts?

2008 Nov 4

I've never had dessert at murray st, but I would say Fraser Cafe all the way! Call now to make reservations, NOW!

2008 Nov 5
HungryHungryHippo - My being of a certain age (40+) and having my kids long grown and gone, let me say there is something truly romantic about a man making dinner reservations for his very pregnant wife... it speaks of humanity, honesty and love (especially the dessert request) LOL ... please treasure these fleeting moments in your life (relationship) for they pass by way too quickly.

All the best to both of you, now & always
((HUGS))

Food & Think

2008 Nov 5
HHH....if she likes ice cream, then go to Wellington Gastropub, they make their own!! But wow, with those 3 choices you could flip a coin because it really is a toss up between those 3 amazing places. None will disappoint, guaranteed.

You'll have to report back to us!

2008 Nov 5
On our anniversary BK (before kids) we used to stay the night at Arc the Hotel. I highly recommend it!!! Especially where you are pregnant and this will be your last BK anniversary!

2008 Nov 5
Unfortunately we are AK. A 2 year old and no family in town, hence I've not been able to hit these 3 hot spots. For the last year I've been stuck running to West End locales with chicken fingers on the menu, yuck. But, I've arranged for a sitter so we can steal away for 3-4 hours.

2008 Nov 5
Hungry Hungry Hippo - LOL (and crying at the same time) in regards to the comment about Chicken Fingers... it's been a long while, but I do remember those days. Who'd have thought your "foodie knowledge" would include the intricacies of knowing who serves the higest rated chicken fingers by a 2 year old in town?

Zym - We used to call it BC (Before Children) because well sometimes it felt like 800 years BC was the last time we had any adult time! AD was short for After Drivers-Ed (about the time you got your life back)... in some of my girlfriends households they use AD to mean (after Diploma... as when the kids leave home either after Highschool or College) and for some of my second-go-around girlfriends AD stands for After Divorce. Too funny!

2008 Nov 5
I've recently had dessert at Murray Street and it was quite good. The ones I've tried are the "Maple Pie" and the "Lemon Meringue" The portions of dessert were not very big, but I found this quite acceptable as there is often not much room left after a meal. If I were going out, I would likely go here before going to the Gastropub, but part of the reason would be that Murray Street is closer to me. Actually, if I was picking an anniversary dining location, I'd probably go to Juniper... but that doesn't seem to be on your list...

2008 Nov 5
Thanks everyone. I've booked the Fraser Cafe. Will let you know how little one #2 enjoys the desserts.