Inventory of the Canned Goods [General]

2008 Oct 27
Our home canned goods have become somewhat unruly so I spent the last couple of weeks building new shelves, moving stuff about to organise it, and cataloging what's there. Now we can refer to the catalog to know what's in stock - provided of course we always remember to tick something off when it gets used up.

For some reason this list doesn't do justice to the amount of space this stuff takes up. I'll have to take some photos of it once I get it a bit better organised.

spreadsheets.google.com

2008 Oct 27
Dill chicken soup? yum.

So what your saying is, that with 30 cm of snow expected tomorrow, you're making something canned for dinner? Man, I wish I had room for all of that. 262 cans. Wow. I think I can fit about....six?

2008 Oct 27
I've got a very small house - just shy of 1000 sq ft not counting the old stone basement, which might be another 200 sq ft. I built a lot of shelves down there since it's not much good for anything else.

2008 Oct 27
Aha, I just noticed a big error in my spreadsheet calculation of the total volume. I thought that 40 litres didn't sound right. It's actually 160 litres!