looking for simple catering [General]

2008 Oct 18
can anyone recommend somewhere to get some simple catering done? we are having a small party @ 20 people (including kids). i want a fruit tray and a cheese tray, including some artisan bread. i have had many trays from grocery store delis and they have all been dried out cubes of cheese and piles of grapes. i don't want to break the bank on this. i am sure there is a small deli out there that probably does simple trays with great products. if all else fails, i will probably just go with thyme and again, though i find their prices have gotten really high.

thanks.

btw, i did do a search on here, but didn't come up with much. it might just be my searching skills...

2008 Oct 18
Melrose Grocery - give Helen a call and see what she can do. Not sure if she does those types of things or not but I bet she could do something really nice at a really good price. I'd ask about her mini fatayas (mini pizzas). But there is lots of stuff she does. I've bought her stuff for a few parties this summer and it's really reasonably priced, and always a huge hit. I've never pre-ordered though - just got stuff she's already had in stock. Like regular Fataya cut in 8 slices to make small finger-food sized pieces, then her sweets cut into smaller pieces by me at home, and so forth.

2008 Oct 18
p.s. the mini and full sized fataya are huge hits with my kids.

2008 Oct 18
I second+ Zymurgist's recommendation above for deliciousness. Big time.
And would also recommend La Bottega, as they do great coldcut/cheese/bread/fruit/dessert platters.
www.ottawafoodies.com OR a link to their catering page with prices:
www.labottega.ca