Wanted: boysenberry something, and has anybody seen KFC wedges? [Food/Vendor]

2007 Jan 12
Has Kentucky Fried Chicken discontinued their wedge fries? Or can somebody point me to a location that still has them...?

And: I have had a jones for boysenberry yoghourt for a bit. Seen it? Or anything else boysenberried?

2007 Feb 6
I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure when I was at Ikea looking at their tiny little food shop area that I saw boysenberry items.

2007 Feb 6
I know Ikea's food shop has lots of Lingonberry stuff.. never noticed the Boysenberry things but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

BTW, boysenberries are a hybrid between blackberries, raspberries and loganberries (which are in turn a hybrid between other blackberries and raspberries). So how about mixing equal parts of raspberry and blackberry yoghourt? Well, it might be better than nothing! ;-)

2007 Feb 6
You know what, you're probably right, it probably said Lingonberry. Oops!!

2007 Feb 7
I cannot believe someone is on the lookout for KFC wedges when there are an infinite number of healthier and tastier things to eat, such as a dead flies near the windowsill or used a well-used shoe insole.

2007 Feb 7
Your distaste for something is no reason to scorn the tastes of others!

Can you honestly say that you enjoy no food that would be sneered at by gourmets? If so, my condolences. :-)

2007 Feb 8
Hmmmm...I checked the KFC Canada website and they don't seem to have any semblance of a menu posted...weird - maybe I'm just blind? Anyway, the American KFC website still lists them - so if you really get desperate you could always trek over the border.

I also noticed, in my cheapeats guide, that there is a place in Ottawa called "Wedge's Plus" which is known for its wedge fries (205 Dalhousie) - maybe they could quell your cravings?

2007 Feb 8
I agree with Fresh Foodie...Iron Epicure that's not very friendly of you. Props to kmennie for not being one of those tiresome vegetarians that eats only health food and preaches the benefits of eating stuff that looks like it's actually intended for livestock.

2007 Feb 8
Hey Mousseline, that's not very friendly of you, calling the more extreme vegetarians tiresome!! ;-) LOL... just kidding

Iron Epicure, don't be offended. I respect all members of this site and expect them to do the same for each other. The high quality of contributions makes this an easy job. :)

FOOD is HOT, you're right that KFC doesn't seem to have their menu posted. Strangely enough, their list of nutritional information doesn't mention potato wedges BUT a press release they issued last fall promising to eliminate trans fat does! I guess there's a chance they got rid of them since then...

2007 Feb 10
Fresh Foodie, I wasn't calling vegetarians tiresome, just preachiness! And the "livestock food" comment was purely tongue-in-cheek. I eat a bowl of steel cut oats for breakfast every morning (I'm sure they aren't so healthy after I add some demerara and a healthy shot of cream) unless I'm working an early shift....then I eat croissants for breakfast.

;)

2007 Feb 10
Props! I am so flattered.

It might be the wrong way to think about it, but I figure all the health (and 'haute' -- usually, if it's not healthy, it's full of butter and cream and took a long time to make) food I do swallow gives me a license to eat a modest amount of garbage when I feel like it. I mean, c'mon, I was asking for yoghourt as well...

Wedge's Plus (that apostrophe annoys me, but) makes excellent wedge fries. It's just that the damn things are usually an add-on to Mr Kmennie's bucket food, which invariably comes from KFC. I live with an unapologetic non-foodie.

And some vegetarians are tiresome. Certainly none of the ones hanging around here, though; I think 'foodie' isn't compatible with it.

This:

www.bbc.co.uk

is thoroughly healthy. And absolutely disgusting. (Had an excess of bulgur and red lentils once, and...) Lukewarm mush on lettuce is a real black mark for vegetarian cuisine, and there is, sadly, a lot of that.