yay, you're back! [Site]

2008 Sep 4
what happened?

2008 Sep 4
Mine is still reeeeeaaaaallllyyyy slow to load - hope it's not permanent!

2008 Sep 4
I thought it was just me, and that FreshFoodie was punishing me for the Social thread ;-) I'll chime in with Zym.. what happened?

2008 Sep 4
Funny how you miss something when it isn't there.

Service has been drifting in an out all morning, but like you say Zym, at least they're back.

2008 Sep 4
"We have a problem .... Houston."

2008 Sep 4
and I thought it was just the chrome browser .... :)

2008 Sep 4
I'm as mystified as you all on this one. Service was sporadic for a while, and I think it was on Bell's end because we had DSL connectivity but no Ethernet for the PPPoE connection to work. Anyways, it looks like it's back!

I wasn't able to deal with the problem (before it went away) because I'm busy with visitors. And this morning we woke up to find we had no running water because a main broke on our street. I know, whine, whine... but I sure felt grimy at work today!

The chrome browser is pretty sweet. I haven't checked this site out with it yet... any feedback on that? For those of you who don't know: www.google.com/chrome

2008 Sep 5
I've heard chrome has some security holes. The memory management and speed is really nice - but there are definitely some bugs. Submit buttons don't seem to work in general - so any serious transactions you'll want to stick to a normal browser. One of the wierd things is that it didn't import over my bookmarks in my firefox google tool bar. But if I go to a site it is already listed as a favorite - so the info is somewhere - can't figure out how to get it out.

sorry a bit off topic, but you asked.

2008 Sep 5
Hee-hee. I'm staying away from Chrome because I'm an Opera user through-and-through and am feeling pissy that Chrome stole all of the good components! And now people are going to think that Google thought of all these good ideas because only like 0.7% of all computer operators are using Opera! The indignity of it all!

:)

2008 Sep 5
It's okay Momomoto: I use Opera. The total populaton of computer operators using Opera is now 0.70000000001%. I don't like Chrome. I also don't like how Safari phishes and Firefox operates on my Mac. Blech.

The one thing that bugs me about Opera is, there are a few sites that don't read the browser.

The plus side, is the speed dial on the home page, which makes Ottawa Foodies easier to access!

2008 Sep 5
Noowwwwww we're veering off-topic! And I love it!

When Kestral (Opera 9.5) came out, I discovered that a lot of the incompatibilities went away. There are still sites that don't deal with it properly, but I think it's getting better. Worse comes to worse I'll fire up Safari or Camino.

2008 Sep 6
I was trying to stay on topic by talking about the ease of getting to the OF website by way of speed dial :) It was you who took it further of topic ;)