Dong Ling frozen dumplings [Cooking]

2008 Aug 25
Has anyone ever bought the frozen dumplings from Dong Ling on Somerset (the dumpling shop just after the overpass, not the restaurant on Wellington.) If so, do you know how long to steam them?

Thanks,

2008 Aug 25
I've had their dumplings.

The fillings are really good but the wrappers seemed a little thick for me.

I boiled them till they floated ... then I turned them into pot stickers by pan fryning them.

They are cheaper than the Dumpling Shoppe in Cinatown but I don't think they are as good.

Also see: www.ottawafoodies.com/forum/73

2008 Aug 27
Someday I'm going to make the trek from work to get my fill of Dong. Until then... I'll be dreaming of dong. I love dumplings!

2008 Aug 28
I've only ever had the lamb and green onion ones, and they are really good. But I did notice that the skin of the last dumplings I bought (last week) were noticeably thicker than ones I've bought there before.

2008 Aug 28
I meant to stop by Dong Ling after a beerfest at Laroche Park. Oops! So which ones are best to try? Lamb and green onion... anything else?

2008 Aug 29
I had the pork and chive and although the wrapper/skin was a little thick, the filling was pretty good.

As good as the Dumpling Shoppe ... if not a better filling and cetainly more filling per dumpling.