Weekend (August 16/17, 2008) [General]

2008 Aug 14
Another busy weekend for foodies... This weekend I see there are four on the Events Calendar:

Greek Festival (August 14th - 24th) - OPENS TODAY!
Caribe Expo (August 15th - 17th)
Watson's Mill Wine Tasting (August 15th)
Warkworth Long Lunch (August 17th)

Further info (website links) for these events can be found on the Ottawa Foodies Events Wiki.

I am considering checking out the Watson's Mill Wine Tasting in Manotick (if there are even tickets still available) and at some point in the next 10 days getting out to the Greek Festival, although I do prefer to hit that during the week when it is less crowded.

Is anyone else making plans?

2008 Aug 14
Oh yes!

I suppose I will have to brave the Ex with the kids again. Any one know of decent food at the EX?

The Greek festival is a must. Cant wait for the juicy tasty lamb and real Greek salad. Reminds me of trip to the Greek Islands years ago. Love the music and friendly people, even the crowds are Ok.

2008 Aug 14
Decent food at the Ex ? What do you mean by decent ?

Here is a forum on the decent food found at the recent BoozeFest wich will be similar at the Ex. ottawafoodies.com/forum/1107

Deep fried speghetti and meatballs on a stick, anyone ??

2008 Aug 14
Oh yes that's right Super Ex starts today and runs thru to August 24th... but gosh that's hardly what I'd call a "foodie" event. It's ok if one likes to fill up on junk... and the more undistinguishable the better!

Captain C - LOL, Spaghetti & Meatballs on a stick? OMG, whatever will these carnies dream up next?

2008 Aug 14
The Ex is a great excuse to check out some decent food in the Glebe. Although, lately I'm not happy with Fratellis on Bank, grumble.

Otherwise, perhaps CakeLady would like to take my niece along with her grandkids to the event: the poor girl won't touch anything, anywhere, except at fast food places. What's a foodie-aunt to do?

2008 Aug 14
suppose I should just pack a bag with Healthy snacks and eat t home later!
As for Fratellis on Bank Street, I agree they are slipping, maybe to many outlets now and not paying attention to details.

I cant begin to imagine spaghetti & meatballs on a stick, do they use super glue to stop it from falling of the stick!!