Caterers [Food/Vendor]

2008 Jul 31
I can't seem to find many reviews of caterers on the website, but I was wondering if anyone had any personal recommendations?

Specifically, I'm looking at a luncheon reception for a wedding in 2009--around $25-30 a plate, ideally. We've looked at Epicuria, and like them, but want to look around a bit more.

Has anyone heard anything about The Foodery?

Thanks!

2008 Jul 31
ottawafoodies.com/vendor/1520

I sent you a message directly LWB!

2008 Aug 1
Thanks, I'll be in touch with you for sure!

2008 Aug 1
I've dealt with many catering companies, but it's been for mostly corporate affairs.

For an event like this though, I would recommend The Dish. I was at a large Xmas dinner catered by them last year, and was very impressed with both the food and the inobtrusive staff.

2008 Aug 7
LadyWhoBrunches - As I always believe in supporting an Ottawa Foodie member first and foremost, I would have to say to look seriously at Tulips & Maple, I know they have an excellent reputation.

My second suggestion would be one I've worked with personally, Entrepreneur Dave Smith, runs a Catering Company known as Creative Kosher Catering (don't let the name fool you, he does all kinds of catering besides Kosher). Dave has been a "star" on the Ottawa scene for over 40 years, and now with his philantrophic work is respected worldwide when it comes to organizing events. He runs the company with his daughter. I found them easy to work with, they will help you to meet your vision (and your budget). I used to be able to contact Dave thru his Restaurant, The Place Next Door (as in next door to Nate's Deli). But I heard he sold some of his properties, I'm not sure which ones... so you might have better luck reaching him thru the website.

www.creativekosher.com

2008 Aug 7
We hired Thyme and Again for my mum's birthday and they were fabulous. The food was spot on and the staff was friendly and efficient.