Chinese food recipe at T&T website [General]

2008 Jul 25
Don't know when T & T Supermarket will be officially opened at the Hunt Club location. Hope that they can open a store in the west end eventually.

Anyway, their website has few recipes for Chinese dishes and I think you may want to bookmark it.

Spicy & Salty Squid
Beancurd with assorted vegetables
Salted pork chops
Braised beef flank with turnip
Fried Shanghai noodles with cabbage & shredded pork
Seasoned spicy cabbage

Check this out!
www.tnt-supermarket.com

2008 Jul 25
Ashley,

How does this place compare in size to say Kowloon or Unimart? Is it a a much bigger store? I normally wouldn't go out to Hunt Club to shop but if this store carries things that the other asian stores don't I may have to make a trip.

I wish the Unimart near my house carried sushi platters...

2008 Jul 25
Okay this is the same place as in the west edmonton mall! omg, I am heading out there asap... Ashley, is it actually open? Where is it?

2008 Jul 25
As far as I know T&T isn't opened on Hunt Club yet but there have been rumours about it for awhile.

T&T is similar to Kowloon/Uni only it's the size of a major grocery chain like Loblaws/YIG/Loeb/Food Basics. They have much bigger counters for fresh food, baked goods, seafood, produce, meat, etc. IMO it's also much cleaner compared to most Chinese grocery stores.

2008 Jul 25
T&T is the best Chinese and Asian grocery store you will ever go to. Imagine Loblaws, and then take out all the crap and add all the fresh seafood, baked goods and Asian groceries you can can imagine, and that is T&T. It's super clean, well staffed and well stocked. In fact, my brother in Toronto does all his shopping at T&T, including milk, eggs, meat etc, not just for Asian food. It is not open yet, and I've been told that it will take a couple more months before it opens.

2008 Jul 25
There was a spot on CBC not too long ago about Cindy Lee, the lady who started T&T. There is an excerpt on YouTube:

For seafood lovers, the T&T on Warden in Toronto used to have HUGE lineups when they had specials on live crab.

2008 Jul 27
T&T hasn't opened yet. But they have a sign posted in the location (Hunt Club & Riverside?).

I think the location is too far for the folks living in the west and the east. It is a good location for those who live in the Nepean area.

2008 Jul 28
It will have to be a few more months for sure. I drove by Hunt Club and Riverside and it doesn't look like much has been done to the site since the last time we talked about it. :\

2009 May 6
T&T is indeed opening a new store in Ottawa in October of 2009. It's the first one in Ottawa and its going to be awesome. They're bakery is fantastic and a total shopping experience.

It's a really great shopping environment and a vast improvement to China towns!

Yummy!

2009 Oct 2
It is opening on Oct. 28 according to the T&T website.

2009 Oct 3
Awesome! Can't wait for the supermarket to open!

2009 Oct 19
I will be there for the openning!! Have been waiting for awhile for this.

Wonder what specials they will have. A quick note though is T&T's strength (like Loblaws) is more in the funcky products and prepared foods. Don't expect as much in terms of the produce. Still ok, but from observation in Toronto vegetables are way better at other groceries.

Or like in Ottawa I'd goto Farm Boy over Loblaw's for fruits and veggies any day.