Seeking supersized Waffle maker for 4 waffles [General]

2008 Jul 8
Would anyone know where to get a supersized Waffle maker that makes 4 waffles at a time?

2008 Jul 8
Hi! We have a 4-Belgian Cuisinart. I think it's the older version of this one: www.cuisinart.com

I couldn't find it at the Bay or Canadian Tire, but it appears on the CA Paradis C. A. Paradis website: www.caparadis.com

Ours takes exactly 1.5 cups of batter per batch, so it's foolproof if you have a half-cup ladle (three scoops per batch). Yay! :)

2008 Jul 9
I have a Black and Decker one similar to Fresh Foodie's and I love it. My waffle maker also has reversable plates so you can also use it to make panini/grilled cheese. Sorry I don't know where it came from - I inherited it from my Mom who received it as a gift from her sister... But I expect most kitchen stores would have them. If you can't find what you are looking for at C.A. Paradis you can try Kitchenalia, Preston Hardware, Hendrix, or Domus. Good luck with your search.

2008 Jul 9
Don't own a waffle maker... but as an aside I think the coolest (actually they are quite hot when in use) waffle makers are the ones that are popping up at Hotel Breakfast Bars across the USA. They are commercial units, but they have a neat function, you put in the batter and then "flip / turn" the waffle iron (it pivots) so that the waffle cooks completely on both sides (no runny bits) and is easier to remove. Has anyone seen these?

2008 Jul 9
Yes, I've seen those. I think the Ramada Inn in Belleville has one. We've stayed there when we've visited Prince Edward County (the hotel has a water slide, which the kids like) - to tie this thread into the PE County one.

We have a single waffle maker and we've often said it would be nice to have a multi-waffle iron; would save a lot of time. I can see the attraction.

2008 Jul 9
That's great! Thank you :))))

2008 Jul 11
I have one, probably more than 40 years old that I was blessed to inherit, it makes 4 waffles at a time, total of about 10 inches across, a heavy old trooper, fabric covered cord, as retro as it comes, scares the heck outta me in that the heat dial goes from 0-5, I set it on 2 and it takes about 3 minutes per waffle from batter to peeling it off the griddle. I cant imagine using it on the highest setting, any suggestions as to what would happen at the highest? besides needing burn salve after use? So back to topic, Id suggest looking at estate auction sales and maybe usedOttawa.