Happy Birthday Fresh Foodie :) [General]

2008 Jun 25
Happy Birthday Mark!

You share the same birthday as my son who is turning twelve today. MY birthday guy will be taking his friends at school to McDonald's for lunch and having a very manly birthday dinner of:

Lemongrass marinated skewered pork
Sugar snap peas
Corn on the cob
Chocolate cake with strawberries and whipped cream

So what are your plans for your big day?

2008 Jun 25
Thanks, Mousseline! Your son's birthday dinner sounds awesome. :-)

I celebrated my birthday a couple of weekends ago (before my family left to spend a couple months in Portugal) with a nice Truffle Torte from Stubbe. So I'm not doing much, although I'm hoping to fry up a load of butterfly shrimp at home this evening as a special treat. :)

2008 Jun 25
Happy Birthday!
I hope you have a lovely day!

2008 Jun 25
Happy Birthday!

2008 Jun 25
Hey FF:

Not only do I want to wish you Happy Birthday,

But I also want to (publicly ?) Thanky You for all the work you have done to get the Ottawa Foodies site up and running and to keep it running ...

(... and for not removing my edible undies posting ---> www.ottawafoodies.com <---)

HAVE A GOOD ONE !!!

2008 Jun 25
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!

Here's hoping you Dig Right In and have a great day (and year). And I will second Captain C's sentiments, we appreciate all you do to make Ottawa Foodies a fun site to be a part of.

Cheers!

Food & Think

2008 Jun 25
Happy Birthday, Mark! Sounds like what I did the last time I had a birthday away from family: ate pizza and then drank a bottle of oaked-to-within-an-inch-of-its-life Chardonnay. Break out the Fino Sherry to go with that shrimp and you'll see what I mean ;)

2008 Jun 25
Thanks for the good wishes y'all! :-)

2008 Jun 25
yah, echoing the comments above (esp. the Captain's, hehe), happy b-day FF. Also, enjoy your period of semi-autonomy, eating what you want to eat, when / where / how you want to eat it (...I'm sure there's a whole new thread in that, but i'm not starting it).

2008 Jun 25
Have a good one FF.

Cheers,

monty

2008 Jun 25
Hope you have a great Birthday!

Cheers and thanks for all of the work you do to bring us this great site!

2008 Jun 25
Happy Birthday! Have a beer or 2 for me :p

2008 Jun 25
Thanks all! :D

Here's the basket of shrimp I whipped up for supper. A full pound of 21-25 count shrimp, 15 butterflied and breaded with panko, and the balance deep fried in their shell (Chinese style) and served with spicy salt. I think I got that fried shrimp craving out of my system now. ;-)

FiH, I shared a pitcher of Rickard's on the patio at Dow's lake as the sun went down on a beautiful evening. Can't do much better than that! :-)

2008 Jun 26
What an awesome-looking dinner! Spicy salt and beer should be a part of every birthday celebration. Happy birthday again, bro!

2008 Jun 26
Happy belated birthday!