Remember me on this computer? [Site]

2008 Jun 15
I always check the box that says remember me on this computer but unfortunately the site never does. Today, I even made Ottawa Foodies a trusted site (Fresh Foodie probably knows my entire financial portolio now!) However, no success. I am on many other boards like this one and I always stay signed in there but no success here.

Am I, like Tigger, the only one?

Is there something I am doing wrong.

As always, I am not complaining. I love the site and just wondering. If its a glitch, its one I can certainly live with. So thanks to all your work FF, it is appreciated! However, if there is a solution that would be great too!

Cheers

2008 Jun 15
I have this problem at work. In fact I can't even sign in to make a post for some reason, whenever I login then browse to the forum to make a post - it asks me to log in again. It's probably a good thing though :P

I think it's our old(er) version of IE that's the culprit, at home I'm using Firefox...

2008 Jun 16
Hmm... this problem comes up once in a while and I must admit I'm at a total loss with it. Of course it works for me on every browser I've tried! I'd find it terribly annoying if it didn't. :(

I believe the problem is unique to MS Internet Explorer, but we've seen cases where there are two people using the exact same version of IE and one has working cookies and the other does not. (FYI, the "remember me..." feature uses a simple cookie to remember you.)

One thought just occurred to me: this could be related to whether you access the site via www.ottawafoodies.com or just ottawafoodies.com Try the opposite one from what you usually use and see if the problem goes away (please let me know if it does!).

2008 Jun 16
In my case that seems to correct it, skipping the www. I use IE7.

I'll update my bookmarks to not use the www :-)

2008 Jun 16
FF - I was just going to suggest that, it happens to my Vonage account. Why would something so silly work?