Christmas Traditions [General]

2006 Dec 21
As you all know, Christmas time is here, or if I am to be politically correct, "The Holidays". We have shared our must have foods, but what are somethings that you and your loved ones enjoy doing every Christmas?

Personally, I enjoy serving Christmas Lunch and Dinner at St. George's Anglican Church (I believe that's where it is), but seeing as some last minute interuptions have come up, helping the homeless is no longer a possibility each year.

Also, the classic board-games, Christmas music and alcohol are always fun, not to mention the yule tide joy.

So yeah, speak your minds about everything your family does, even the weird or unusual traditions!

2006 Dec 21
My traditions are pretty traditional. LOL.

My friend told me her tradition with her little ones is to let them open their Xmas jammies from Santa on Xmas eve...she said they love it.

And my other friend puts the kids' stockings on their bed so when they wake up they can play quietly in bed while the parents get some extra sleep. (yah right!)

We used to go as a family to Xmas Eve church service every year, but that fizzled out...I kind of miss it now that I'm old enough to appreciate it. It's not really a religious thing for me, it's more of a community thing..A warm and fuzzy feeling, you know?

I guess my main tradition in my adult days, now, is to have a bottle of red wine and wrap gifts on Xmas eve...

I think we're starting a new tradition since last year though: Fondue on Xmas eve, and mimosa with breakfast Xmas morning.

Thanks for reminding me of that...I'm really in the spirit this year. Even though there isn't any snow.

Have a great Holiday everyone! Be safe and happy.