Cream Tea Brunch [General]

2008 Jun 6
Please tell me what you think would well with a cream tea served as brunch. If you wouldnt eat a cream tea for brunch please say what would be good anyway. Currently im serving these scones with home made strawberry compote and marcapone because you cant get clotted cream in Ottawa. Two scones isnt enough to fill people so trying to avoid the bacon, sausage and egg option and cucumber sarnies would just seem a bit odd. Any ideas would be great. Maybe a salad? I need to sell about ten this sunday else its back to the bacon, eggs, french toast which is available everywhere.

2008 Jun 6
Harveyshideout, how about supplementing the cream tea with a cold cucumber soup (as a nod to the cuke sandwich) and a trifle or a fruit salad with sorbet and cake?

BTW, you can find clotted cream all over Ottawa: ottawafoodies.com/forum/513

2008 Jun 6
Thats not bad at all, epecially for how hot its going to get, its good because its savoury, fruit salad would be too sweet. Never made it before i suppose its simular to Gazpacho but minus the tomato. Ill have to look into those stores, tahnks!

2008 Jun 8
Quiches - mini shells - 1/2 of them pesto 1/2 sundried tomato or roasted red pepper

Smoked salmon canape

Corination Chicken (chicken salad with a bit of curry) in puff pastry shells

And egg salad sammies on nice bread

If you are sitting down to eat, then a grilled asparagus salad with citrus, Simple salmon main, wild rice salad and scones for dessert.

2008 Jun 9
Thanks, didnt sell any, did with the gazpacho which by request sold out. Hopefully scrap brunch altogether,

thanks for your input Freshfoodie and Oliversrock