Scone Witch [Food/Vendor]

2007 Nov 4
I just added a very positive review of Scone Witch that my gf and I went to for brunch on Saturday. Highly recommend their brunch. The review is found here:

www.ottawafoodies.com

cheers

2007 Nov 4
We've yet to make it there for a meal but we've done take-out and their scones are awesome. Nothing better than to have a box of Scone Witch scones in the kitchen for breakfast in the morning (with some home-made jam perhaps). Will have to try and get there for a meal sometime.

2007 Nov 4
Just out of curiosity, how well do their scones hold up? If I buy them on Friday do they still tast great on Saturday and Sunday?

Cheers

2007 Nov 4
They never last too long in our house, but I'd say they're fine for a few days. Not as good as fresh out of the oven, of course, but still very good and convenient to have around.

2007 Nov 5
most importantly - is it ScOHnes, ScAWNs, or ScOOns?

:-)

2007 Nov 5
ScAWns of course!

I asked at a booth in the Ottawa Farmers Market whether they prefer ScAWn or ScOHne. They said, "Either one works for us." I grew up saying ScAWn -- likely because of my English heritage. I've never ever heard ScOOn though.

2007 Nov 5
I read somewhere a few years ago that "Scoon" is used by the Royal Family. Will have to try to dig up a reference.

2007 Nov 5
Well that explains it then. Clearly you spend more time chatting with the Queen than I do!

I'm imagining Her Highness saying, "If I'm not on the throne, I've gone for a scone." ;-)

2007 Nov 5
I used to work in a restaurant with a Scottish chef and he insisted on "scAWn", but when he couldn't hear me I said "sOHne" (and still do) :)

2007 Nov 9
The Queen pronouncing it different from everybody else wouldn't surprise me; she clearly doesn't speak like the rest of Britain! :)

2007 Nov 9
My experience with Scone Witch is as follows: very good food, questionable service. BTW, it's scOHnes, we live in Canada eh? ;)