Food related freebies and coupons [Site]

2009 Apr 28
After spending a few minutes surfing the net I stumbled across www.canadianfreestuff.com . They provide tips on where to get free samples, coupons, etc for all sorts of things including food items. (Note to zymurgist they have some nice downloadable canning labels if you are interested...) If you scroll down far enough you will find weekly specials too good to pass up similar to the weekly specials roundup on Ron Eade's blog. However it looks like it's done on a nationwide scale so some of the stores may not have Ottawa locations.

Another favourite of mine is www.save.ca since they have coupons on brand name products I actually use.

And one last recommendation is for www.frugalshopper.ca where you can find more coupons and interesting articles on how to save money.

Happy shopping!

2009 Apr 28
Thanks Pasta Lover - off to check all 3 to see if they have RSS feeds :-)

2009 Apr 28
I've been following the canadianfreestuff one via RSS for a few months now. I haven't actually used it to get anything yet though. Partly because I'm disinclined to receive samples of stuff I don't need just for the sake of getting something for free. On the other hand, there are lots of good deals to be had on that site. For example, if you ever buy anything from Michael's, they periodically advertise 40-50% off coupons.

Thanks, Pasta Lover!

2009 Apr 29
No problem! I was out of work during the last recession so I appreciate the need to save a buck. BTW if you are interested in finding local flyers in one spot you can find them at flyertimes.com so you can find out what specials are on during the upcoming week.

2009 May 5
Since I am always looking for ways to save a buck I found out Metro and Food Basics have online contests to win free groceries. It involves filling out an online survey. You can go to www.metro.ca or www.foodbasicsfeedback.com to participate. As many of you know Metro bought the Loeb stores which means you can now collect air miles points at these stores. (Air miles is the only collector card I use since I use my points to pay for my train fare to Montreal and Toronto...) Also one of my colleagues mentioned to me this morning that most coffee shops will take $0.10 off the cost of a cup of coffee if you bring your own mug. Except Timmies - apparently they will just place their own mug inside your coffee mug.

2009 May 21
Just another heads up on some coupons offered at the Your Independent grocery chain: www.yourindependentgrocer.ca

They are online coupons so you can print the ones you need. (The moms on board might be interested you can get free wipes with a package of Huggies diapers. Okay it's not food related but if you have babies these things can get expensive...)

2009 Sep 18
I just stumbled across a website that offers free e-books: www.free-ebooks.net

I glanced through a few of the books and I have already downloaded a couple of them. Some of the recipes actually look pretty good.

And if there are any other coupon clippers out there, there is a plethora of coupons and freebies on Red Flag Deals: www.redflagdeals.com

I am in no way affiliated with these websites and as far as I know they do not generate income from the number of hits they get. I just like to save some money so I am sharing my findings...

2010 Jul 20
If there are any coupon clippers out there I stumbled across another handy website: smartcanucks.ca/

2010 Jul 22
Very helpful! Thanks!!

2010 Jul 23
Very useful links! Thank you!

2010 Aug 5
I run a great canadian only coupon and grocery deal website. We also giveaway food and cooking products and cookbooks.

The website gives updates via e-mail if you want to receive the latest coupons each day for Canadians!

Thanks.

www.groceryalerts.ca

2010 Aug 9
Looks like a great way to save paper and trees . . . just go online and print out the coupons you want !

2011 Jun 1
Thought this was an excellent resource and thought I would share:
flyeronfire.com